ALIEN WEAPONRY - Release New Video "Holding My Breath"

New Zealand three-piece Groove metal outfit Alien Weaponry have released a new video "Holding My Breath" from their furious upcoming debut album "Tū". Short for ‘Tūmatauenga,’ the Māori god of war, Tū also means to stand strong and proud, and to stand for something. The notion is reflected in the album artwork, which includes the tradtional moko kanohi (facial tattoos) of the Māori warrior.


The song was written by Lewis (Vocals/Guitar). In it, he talks about the anxiety of being judged and socially ostracized by peers to the point of being unable to function. “It’s about something that actually happened to me. I felt so bad that I literally stayed in my room and couldn’t bring myself to leave the house or talk to anyone,” he says. “I wrote the song at that time, and it was one of the things that helped me work through it, so I hope it will resonate with other people going through similar things.” One of the people it has already resonated with is actress Rose van Wylich, featured in the video; who experienced similar feelings of isolation as a teenager.


Tracklisting:

01 Whaikorero
02 Rū Ana Te Whenua
03 Holding My Breath
04 Raupatu
05 Kai Tangata
06 Rage - It Takes Over Again
07 The Things That You Know (Bonus Track)
08 Whispers
09 PC Bro
10 Urutaa
11 Nobody Here
12 Te Ara
13 Hypocrite (Bonus Track)

Preorder ‘Tū’ here: http://smarturl.it/Tu-NPR

Comments